The Ballast Lodge Marriage Mentoring Training Weekend equips lay ministry couples to become marriage mentors at your church.
Mentoring is an effective way to boost the health of younger married couples, and for more experienced couples to strengthen their own marriage. You don’t need to be counselors or experts in order to be mentors, in fact the most important attribute of a good mentor is being a good listener.
The Ballast Lodge Marriage Mentoring Training Weekend can be used to equip your church in order to start a marriage mentoring ministry, or to train individual couples so that they can become marriage mentors. The weekend begins at 7pm on Friday and runs until 4pm on Saturday. The base cost is $185 plus tax per couple, which includes:
- breakfast and lunch on Saturday, plus snacks
- one copy of the the FamilyLife Canada Marriage Mentoring Manual and Mentoring Conversation Guide (to equip one couple in order to become marriage mentors)
- one night of accommodations at Ballast Lodge (private bedroom for each couple, in a shared house with one other couple)
- FamilyLife Canada Mentoring Training Kit (Video Training with a facilitators guide, 2 copies of the Marriage Mentoring Manual and 2 copies of the Mentoring Conversation Guide) for $75. This provides your church full access to the video content so you can train more mentor couples in the future.
- overnight stay on Saturday at a discounted rate of $65, which includes breakfast on Sunday.
Between sessions, participants are welcome to use all the amenities at Ballast Lodge.
The next Mentoring Weekend is scheduled for Apr 29 – 30, 2022. Registration is limited to 4 couples and cannot be done online. Contact us to register or for more details.
Learn more about the program
The Mentoring Mentoring Initiative is part of FamilyLife Canada. These links can be helpful to further clarify why the church should have a marriage mentoring ministry and how to get started. The weekend training at Ballast Lodge includes one copy of the training materials referenced on the FLC website. As such, after the weekend at the Lodge, each couple will be ready to get started in their mentoring ministry.